Collection of useful links for WordPress Tips and Tricks. Includes tips for WordPress page speed and bulk deleting spam comments.
WordPress tips which I personally found useful:
* Bulk delete spam comments
* How to fix if your stats plugin keeps showing zero visits?
* WordPress page specific header images
* To speed up WordPress, add the following to your wp-config.php:
// Enable the WordPress Object Cache:
If you have a problem with WordPress, these simple steps and resources will help you troubleshoot.
Whenever you have a problem with your WordPress website,
0. Don’t Panic. So far as your WordPress database and wp-contents folder is fine, you are fine.
1. Switch to the default WordPress template and deactivate all plugins. If you are fine now, switch to another trouble free template or activate the plugins one by one to find out the culprit.
If you still have problem, it is possibly a WordPress problem. Then, there are few places to ask for WordPress help:
Continue reading “How to Troubleshoot WordPress?”
WordPress can be installed easily using one click tools or manual methods. This article describes best practices for WordPress setup.
How to install WordPress?
Many of my friends have started moving to self-hosted WordPress websites. Most of them think that they need to install it manually. No need. Follow the steps below.
There are few automatic tools to enable one click easy installation of WP and many other popular software.
Fantastico Deluxe, Simple Scripts, Quick Install are some of the popular tools. Sometimes, your hosting company may have in-house autoinstallers like QuickInstall (Hostgator), Hosting connection (GoDaddy). All or either of these will be available in your hosting cPanel usually.
Continue reading “How to install WordPress?”