* Pressnomics – First ever WordPress conference around WordPress businesses was held on November 8 – 10, 2012. It was lauded as a very inspiring and fruitful event by most of the attendees.
* Ghost – John O Nolan suggests simplifying WordPress as just a blogging platform again.
* WordPress.com launches a custom design for restaurants. Though it had custom made designs for music bands, cities and wedding before, this was seen as an aggressive move by the community. Noel Tock, who runs HappyTables, shares his views on this move.
* FlyWheel and WooHosting enter the ever expanding WordPress managed hosting market. FlyWheel’s business and service model is very interesting as it addresses the pain points of web designers and developers.
* Black Friday and Cyber Monday saw huge deals for WordPress. Some are valid even now. Go, get them !