1. ScribeSEO – Premium plugin that gives search engine optimised copywriting advice.
2. Yoast SEO plugin – Best and exhaustive WordPress SEO plugin. Better than All in one SEO plugin.
3. Gravity forms – The ultimate WordPress forms plugin.
4. bbPress – Official WordPress forum plugin.
5. Akismet – To block spam. Must have.
6. Google Analytics for WordPress – To insert Google Analytics code.
7. Backupbuddy – Premium plugin that does shceduled backups for whole website including wp-content folder. Delivering to Dropbox is a great addition.
8. qTraslate – For offering manual translation.
9 . WPtouch Pro – Premium plugin for displaying mobile and iPad friendly themes.
10. WP Security Scan – For tightening your site security.
11. W3 Total Cache – For speeding up your websites.
12. Simple URLs – Easy way to mask affiliate URLs
WordPress plugin usage best practices:
* Try not to use more than 10 plugins.
* Deactivate and delete unused plugins.
* Do not use more than one plugin to have same functionality. For example, do not have two plugins to track stats or backup.
* Always keep your plugins updated.